Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fireproof

Derek and I went to see Fireproof last night. It was a REALLY good movie and we both loved it! I really like Kirk Cameron and not in the way that I liked him when he was on Growing Pains! I respect him as a christian man, someone who doesn't fall into the hype of Hollywood, someone who doesn't lose who is he really is...actually someone who uses his talents to reach out to others and bring them to the Lord. I really admire him. I saw an interview with him recently and he talked about how he won't kiss another woman, in a movie, other than his wife. So, in this movie, when he kisses his on-screen wife...it is actually his real life wife who stepped in as a body double! I LOVE that! I hope he does more movies!

Tonight we are having my parents, sister and brother in law over for dinner. Derek wanted to make something for them since they are leaving tomorrow to prepare for Shae's surgery. He won't tell me what he is making but I know it will be yummy so I can't wait!

Tomorrow after church we are all going to Dallas to eat at PF Changs. (I know...we are really asking for another disaster,right?) :) We are going to stay the night so we can all be there for Shae's surgery on Monday morning.

Have a good weekend and if you get a change, go see Fireproof!

No comments: