Friday, June 19, 2009

He's moving!

I have been feeling the baby move for about two or three weeks now. I was trying to fall asleep last night and baby boy was having a party! He was moving all around and even though I was tired and wanted to sleep, I was more than happy to stay awake just to feel him moving around. I love that! Derek has tried to feel him before but he never could, last night he put his hand on my tummy and he felt the baby! I am so excited! Derek was amazed at how well he could feel him! I think it was an early Father's Day present from our baby boy to his daddy! :) On another note, I have been feeling pretty good these days. I did have a little scare last week and Derek took me to the emergency room. I started having severe pain Wednesday on my way home from work. By the time I got home, I couldn't get comfortable no matter what I did. The pain was coming from my lower back on the right side and moving across my side to my stomach. I was concerned about the baby and worried about what was going on so off we went to the ER. They did bloodwork and monitored me for contractions, after several hours, they came to the conclusion that it was most likely a kidney stone. They sent me home and I was to go in to my OB the next morning to follow up with him. After I was home, I quickly learned that the only way I could be comfortable was to lay on my left I spent the next several days doing just that. I went to a few dr's appointments and was sent to a Urologist as well. I had an ultrasound of my kidneys which showed fluid on my right kidney, which I was told could be caused from a kidney stone blocking the fluid from being drained or it could be from my uterus laying on the tube that drains from the kidney blocking the fluid, either way, there was nothing they could do for me. I was told that it most likely was being caused by my uterus and that it won't go away until I have the baby and most likely will get worse. I showed no other signs of a kidney stone except for the extreme pain and fluid on my kidney. The fact that laying on my left side relieves the pain is the number one indicator that it is not a stone. I went back to work on Wednesday and my boss has been really great. They have provided a place for me to lay down when I need to relieve the pressure. I was very concerned about sitting all day at my desk but it really hasn't been bad at all. I have had moments where I did lay down b/c I was starting to hurt but overall I am feeling so much better than I did last week! I am hoping that maybe things shifted around or that all that time laying on my left side help the fluid to drain off my kidney. We are going to register this weekend and try to find material for the bedding. My mom is going to make it for me! I am excited!

1 comment:

Lynn & Matt said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little bit better. It was nice to see you last weekend. Pregnancy looks good on you even though you have had such a rough time!