Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, June 23, 2008

Life's a Peach....

A recap of this weekend:

Friday June 20th, we celebrated my mom's 60th birthday at my sister's house. Mom didn't know that we were all going to be there and have dinner and cake together...it was a surprise! Not only was it a celebration of her birthday but also a celebration for her RETIREMENT!!! As of Friday June 27th 2008 my mom will be officially retired...my dad retired in September, so they will get to enjoy their freedom together now! I am so excited for them....they have worked so hard and helped us all out and now it is their time to enjoy life! My grandparents gave them an RV so that they can really enjoy retirement and travel wherever they may want to go. I LOVE YOU MOMMA!!!!











On Saturday, Derek, Ross, Mindy, Ken, Shae and I went to a berry farm in Tyler and picked blueberries. It was a lot of fun! Ross really enjoyed it! Shae was a little unhappy b/c it was so hot but she was a trooper and made it through! I took her to a bench under a nice shady tree and fanned her!!! She is such a PRINCESS/DIVA!! We wouldn't have it any other way though...
After we picked blueberries we were off to a peach farm to pick peaches, Amber and her son Luke joined us for that venture. Unfortunately, when we got there, the peaches had already been picked for us...so we just bought some. So if anyone out there wants some peaches and blueberries, get them from us! We have a TON!










Sunday was pretty much a lazy day, after church, we all took a nap! I never take naps...I just can't sleep during the day but I have to say, I really enjoyed a little Sunday afternoon nap! I don't know why Ross dreads nap time so much...I wish they would incorporate that into our workdays!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

LOL! I love naptime!! It would be GREAT if they implemented it into the high school!

Tell your mom Happy Birthday and Congratulations, I am so happy for your parents. They will love retired life!

Great job blogging! But, how about some pictures?? :)

Stacey said...

I added pics just for you Cat! :)